quarta-feira, 29 de setembro de 2010

What does it mean to be Canadian?





Vi um artigo no jornal com depoimento de alguns artistas canadenses sobre "ser canadense":

1) Clara Hughes: "It means everything to me. I have had the gift of wearing the Maple Leaf around the globe and have been thanked by people from myriad countries because of the positive impact of Canadians. I have always felt that, in sport, especially at the Olympics, I literally was Canada. I felt the strength of millions of people inside of me. That's why any success I've had does not belong to me: it belongs to each and every Canadian."

2) Howie Mandel: "I love this country, I love being a Canadian, I'm so proud to be a Canadian, and you have no idea. Anything else I do in my career will pale in comparison to receiving this honour from you, my country."

3) Jim Carrey: "I will always feel a little lighter when I set foot on Canadian soil. It's the lightness you feel when your heart recognizes it is home."

4) Michael J. Fox: "Everything comes from me being Canadian, from people in my life and my world as a Canadian. There would be no Michael J. Fox Foundation if it weren't for Terry Fox and Rick Hansen. Their vision, their courage and inspiration. I can't say enough about it."

5) Keifer Sutherland: "There is no way to articulate the joy and pride that I get from being a Canadian... This place that I come from has been nurturing, it has been kind, and the people herer have a genuine interest in all aspects of life and everything that it has to offer, and that shows in our society and it shows in our hearts."

6) Rick Hansen: "Such an incredible group of individuals who have achieved excellence in this country and their stories just make you so proud to be Canadian."

7) Kim Cattrall: “How can I express my gratitude for this award that means, somehow, more than any other award that I have been lucky enough to receive — simply because it comes from my native Canada, which is always close to me. It is with me on every movie set and every theatre stage, and every television production that I do. It is so ingrained in who I am and how I do it.”

8) Mike Myers: “You can describe me as an actor, as a comedian, but you cannot describe me completely without saying that I am a Canadian.”

9) James Cameron: “I think it's balanced in the Canadian spirit, by this sense of quiet confidence, even a fearlessness, to go out there, on the world stage and achieve great things.”

10) Bryan Adams: “To the fans, and people of Canada, I want to tell you, you can realize your dreams in this country. I'm living proof."

11) K.D. Lang: “It's really not about my past accomplishments, why I'm standing here tonight, it's not really even about me; it's about something that this country represents to the world.”

12) The Guess Who: “And that's what this Walk of Fame is about. It's about honouring all these people from every walk of life who have achieved . . . and they are Canadians. That's great.”


http://www.thestar.com/specialsections/article/867651--what-does-it-mean-to-be-canadian

[]s

Nenhum comentário: