sexta-feira, 7 de maio de 2010

"Englishing"

I talked to my manager this week about my dificulties to understand and express myself in english. I told him I still prefer to send my questions by e-mail than to phone and solve them online. He said that this is normal and English will sound like Portuguese soon. I said "I don't believe! I don't need to pay attention to hear what people are saying in Portuguese, while I need to concentrate to hear English"..... He just said "Believe in me... it happens".
Well... believe or not, I think my listening skill is getting better (at least now I can understand more than 80% what people say during my daily meetings... and also, I can discuss some topics). Great!

(in my opinion...) Steps to reach a "natural" english:
1) to have a set of basic vocabulary and to know basic verb tenses
2) to risk - just to try to speak english even making mistakes
3) to read even without understanding 100%
4) to write even short sentences
5) to pay attention and to try to say short sentences (questions, answers, expressions, greetings...)
6) to study, to study, to study
7) to listen and to understand
8) to listen + to understand + to speak
9) to listen + to understand + to speak + to write correctly
10) go to item 6 and add reading

so...
my next step is... study, study, study >> to improve even more my skills (definitely I don't want to write and speak with huge errors and nobody corrects me).

LET'S MOVE FORWARD!!!!
:-)
good to go

Nenhum comentário: