sábado, 29 de março de 2008

PMP Exam

Yesterday I had the PMP Exam.
Well, after thousands hours of study I had to prove I was able to try it. I confess I was really worried about it because I had heard some people saying how hard it is or the percentage of people who pass at first try.

I had the exam at Alumni Prometric Sao Paulo. It was scheduled to begin at 9:00 and I was supposed to be there at 8:30. I got there at 8:20.

There were about 3 people to do the exam at same time. A monitor asked us to put our belongs in the appropriate place (everything). I asked her if I could take my bottle of Gatorade and she repeated "Let everything there and take only a document".

Then she called us one-by-one. I was the second to be announced "Robinson, you can enter".
We have to sign an entry register and then she shows which cabin is set to start the exam.
You have 15 minutes to do the tutorial and to learn how the system works. Basically there are some buttons like: PREVIOUS, NEXT, MARK, REVIEW and PORTUGUESE (if you've chosen this bilingual feature). I took no more than 5 minutes.

After that you start the exam (4 hours - there's a clock showing how much is remaining). I can tell I was still nervous and I started reading the questions in portuguese when I realized I would lost time doing this and I decided to go on in english.

In my opinion it was more difficult than I was waiting for. So, if you want to try it, you MUST study. I suggest to memorize as much as you can instead of try to understand everything because 4 hours run fast.

When you finish you wait a couple of minutes, answer a survey (oh my goodness) and then... wait another couple of minutes for the result..... ....

CONGRATULATIONS!!! YOU PASSED!
IN THE NEXT 6 WEEKS YOU'LL RECEIVE THE CERTIFICATE PROVIDED BY PMI BLA BLA BLA

I couldn't believe...

ah, only to register... I was really killing for a lavatory...

That's it... I got it.
I want also to register that I'm glad to my wife's patience and for every time she had to change her plans for mines.

:-D, PMP

Nenhum comentário: